Rolph Literacy Academy
Hours: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Director of Schools: Ann Welborn
Enrolling Ages 5 – 7
2220 E. 21st St. N, Wichita, Ks, 67214
Rolph Literacy Academy (RLA) is an all-day intervention private education institution that teaches children starting ages 5-7 with dyslexia and other reading difficulties. We teach the Alphabetic Phonics program to our students, which is a research based proven method of teaching children how to read, write and spell.
RLA opened in 2014 with the goal of teaching children literacy. The term “literacy” has gained a new modern meaning that includes the use of language, numbers, images, computers, and other basic means to understand, communicate, gain useful knowledge and use the dominant symbol systems of a culture. The students at RLA not only learn to read, write and spell, but they also attend math, science, social studies, physical education and art classes.
The difference between Rolph Literacy Academy and other schools is the atmosphere and the way the students are taught. We have provided the students at RLA with an environment conducive to their learning needs. For instance, reading, writing and spelling is taught through our Alphabetic Phonics program, which a program that voices on the sounds of letters and words. The way this system is set up has no more than four students in a class per teacher, so your child will get the individualized attention that they need.
Being an intervention school means that a child will attend for the amount of time they need to be given the proper tools to continue their education at another school. We want children to be able to succeed in a permanent schooling environment.
Objectives of Rolph Literacy Academy:
1) Perfect the ideal environment and approach, including instruction, materials, and exposure to all academic areas for young children with dyslexia;
2) Balance remediation with a rich and stimulating curriculum that identifies and nurtures the child’s strengths and talents;
3) Promote hands-on experiential and pragmatic learning allowing children to significantly improve their individual literacy skills while building educational aptitude in math, science, arts, technology, social studies, and leaderships skills;
4) Offer a specialized educational choice for parents;
5) Maintain the state-of-art training grounds for teachers to assure they have the skills and knowledge to effectively provide literacy remediation; and
6) Establish a “state-of-the-science” premier educational program in Wichita, Kansas, continuing our mission to educate the population about dyslexia, as well as, the creative aspects of dyslexia. We want to assure “All Kids Reading…All Kids Succeeding.”
7) Mainstream children who have received early and successful intervention for dyslexia back into their community parochial, public or private schools, reading, writing and ready to demonstrate their knowledge.
If you would like to learn more information about Rolph Literacy Academy or have questions about enrollment, contact Lisa Ruane at 316-684-7323 or email@example.com
Fundamental Learning Center and Rolph Literacy Academy does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, gender or any other characteristic prohibited by law.